- Every participant in the competition must be a university student or are in the same level of education as one.
- Every participant should be present punctually, at least 30 minutes before the competition starts. We don’t compromise with tardiness.
- Every participant should do re-registration on, participants should bring a copy of their student ID, a 3×4-sized photo and copy of the payment proof.
- Every team has to send a representative to attend the technical meeting, which will be held on.
- Every participant should dressed neatly.
- Every participant should respect and accept every judgment from the adjudicators.
- Each team will be given 15 minutes to prepare their case before the debate.
- Participants are not allowed to use electronic devices or internet during case building and debate except as stopwatches.
- During case building, participants are prohibited to discuss with anyone but their own team member.
- Printed materials, notes, and books are allowed.
FORM OF THE COMPETITION
- The competition will use British Parliamentary System. A debate match will consist of four teams debating about one motion, divided into two sides. On one side are Opening Government (OG) and Closing Government (CG), on the other side are Opening Opposition (00) and Closing Opposition (CO). Each team consists of two speakers/members who will deliver their arguments about the motion in 7 minutes.
- Point of Information (PoI) during substantial speech is allowed.
- There will be adjudication cores. Their duties are to give motions to all rounds of the debate and do all score tabbing given by each adjudicators. Each debate match will be adjudicated by one to five adjudicators.
- Preliminary round
There will be 3 matches in this round. All teams will compete upon motions decided by adjudication cores. For each round, the 1st place will get 3 Victory Point (VP), the 2nd place will get 2 VP, the 3rd place will get 1 VP, and the 4th place will get no VP. All the VPs accumulated will decide the 8 teams that will continue to quarter finals. If there are teams who have same VP, then it will be decided by speaker score accumulation.
- Quarter-final round
In this round, all quarter-finalists will only have one match so there will be 4 matches between 16 teams. The teams that gets 1st place and 2nd place in their respective matches will continue to the semifinals.
- Semi-final round
There will be 2 matches between the 8 teams advancing from the quarter-finals. The teams that gets 1st place and 2nd place in their respective matches will continue to the grand finals.
- Grand final
The 4 teams advancing from the semifinals will compete in this round. There will be 3 winners, which are those that gets 1st place, 2nd place, and the 3rd place